Head of Operations
Manhattan, NY, US
Head of Operations, Mekanism
Who We Are:
We are a fiercely entrepreneurial ad agency that blends creativity and performance to build great brands. We call this approach Soul + Science. With offices in San Francisco, New York, Chicago and Seattle, we serve as collaborative business partners to some of the world’s best brands including Ben & Jerry’s, Jose Cuervo, Alaska Airlines, Charles Schwab and OkCupid, among others.
Being a Mekanista requires a rare combination of being a weird, fearless and wonderful person who enjoys birthday cakes, well behaved dogs, and shared sensibility of respect and not taking ourselves too seriously.
Mekanism has been named to Ad Age’s A-List and twice to their Best Places to Work list. Most recently, Mekanism was named Independent Agency of the Year by The Drum and a Top 10 Most Effective Independent Agency in the US by the Effie Index. We have been profiled by The New York Times, Fast Company and ABC’s Nightline. Our campaign methodologies are studied by Harvard Business School.
The Head of Operations for Mekanism is a passionate, collaborative, outgoing, creative-oriented leader. This position is a key leader within Mekanism managing the organization and delivery of Mekanism’s core creative capabilities. Additionally, the role will be a key driver in the expansion of Mekanim’s full-funnel creative offering and will partner closely with Plus Co entities who are critical to the development of Mekansim’s digital offering.
Key Areas of Responsibility
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- EXPANSION OF AGENCY OFFERINGS: Lead the development and integration of new operational requirements (tools, process, structure, etc) as Mekansim expands its full-funnel creative offering and works with core Plus Co digital development team to provide seamless solutions to clients.
- SCOPING and PRICING: Partners with Brand Management and Department Heads in the development of all scopes. Additionally, finds ways to optimize the process to ensure proper staffing and efficient delivery.
- RESOURCING : Improves the company’s profitability and scalability with a proactive, methodical, well oiled resource management/ project management machine. Maintains real time data on staffing for well-informed decision making.
- OVERSEES PROJECT MANAGEMENT and RESOURCING FUNCTIONS: Manages and oversees the Project Management team and resource function at the agency. Ensures the team delivers on vision and expectation of these functions while helping foster career growth and development.
- CROSS NETWORK COORDINATION: Establishes relationships and process with Operational counterparts at other agencies within the Plus Network so Mek can easily access supplemental resources and/or global capabilities offered within the Plus Company.
- EXEC & MNGT TEAM CONNECTION: Builds strong relationships with the entire Executive Leadership Team & Mngt Team. Helps to improve and affect office policy and process.
- OPPS & SYSTEMS: Leads the development of structure, tools and process to improve agency workflow and resource management. Leads the development, distribution and maintenance of all operational processes in effort to maintain positive profitability.
- CLIENT SATISFACTION: Partners with Account leads to ensure client satisfaction regarding agency/client feedback process and delivery.
- INTEGRATED AGENCY EXPERIENCE: Worked in both digital and traditional agencies. (direct experience in integration of the two)
- CROSS DEPT MENTALITY: Looks at depts with a perspective of Mekanism first, dept second. Able to achieve goals without compromising Mekanism business objectives.
- SYSTEMS EVALUATION/IMPLEMENTATION: Ability to diagnose needed improvement and/or optimization to workflow and collaboration while also leading the process to discover, vet and implement new systems in order to solve.
- CHANGE MANAGEMENT EXPERIENCE: Has led or been part of the leadership team responsible for communicating changes to agency operations to the employee population.
- MATURITY: Constantly projects calm, maturity, and leadership.
- LEADERSHIP: Self-motivated, detail-oriented professional with exceptional strategic thinking and communication skills.
- 10+ years of experience in progressively responsible creative delivery roles (ie. or project management, resource management, operations, etc).
- Strong leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience with process improvement methodologies
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with other departments and stakeholders
- Knowledge of financial management principles, including budgeting, forecasting, and cost control
- Ideally experience with all or some of the following; Google Suite, Slack, Smartsheets, Resource Management by Smartsheet, Maconomy, Asana.